Come work with us at AIG as the Nordic Head of Claims
AIG is currently looking for Cluster Head of Claims to join our Nordic cluster operation and be responsible for our Nordic Claims operation. The role is also part of the cluster senior leadership team as well as our EMEA regional Claims Management team. The position will be based in any of our office locations across the cluster (Copenhagen, Stockholm, Oslo or Helsinki) and have a dual reporting line into EMEA Head of Claims and our Nordic General Manager.
AIG Nordic claims organization is our largest department with professionals spread across the full cluster. AIG Nordic Head of Claims will lead the cluster claims department together with the Claims Team Managers who are reporting directly into this position. AIG Claims department manage all claims adjusting across our insurance portfolio; Commercial products as well as consumer products, complex as standard claims, big and small claims. The position will be working closely with our different business leaders and Branch Managers ensuring excellent claims expertise and service across our full operation.
AIG aim is to provide the best claims service in the market, driven by our expertise, service excellent and qualitative mindset. Where some see claims as a back-office function, we want claims to be first and support in driving our business forward.
Selection of Key Responsibilities
- This role will be responsible for the delivery and execution of the Claims strategy, accountable for the claims budget, and developing talent management across the cluster.
- Lead the implementation of claims strategy in the Cluster through initiatives that are aligned with Global/International/EMEA regional claims strategic objectives, as well as Country business plans and priorities.
- Working with the regional team on various areas, including large losses, claims trend data, succession planning, Learning and Development and talent management.
- Represent AIG interests with key customer and take responsibility for developing and delivering the claims value proposition.
- Accountable for claims contribution to the combined ratio in the context of Indemnity, ULAE, ALAE and operational expense management.
- Monitor operational, technical, and quality performance of the Cluster and implement corrective and/ or improvement actions where appropriate in conjunction with Line of business Managers and to include global quality audit recommendations.
- Develop tools and strategies, in collaboration with HR, to attract and retain top industry talent and develop high performing teams. Develop claims managers to maximize their dependence on outside support:
- Set objectives and manage performance to achieve business goals.
- Ensure that the Cluster claims is operating within appropriate regulatory framework boundaries and protection of all licenses and agreements. Adhere to and embed the Company’s risk policies, Statement of Operating Standards and any AIG policies, audits, controls and ERM procedures
AIG strives to be a highly client focused organization, something that should be reflected in your social skills, personal structure and high quality in every output of work performed. We are looking for a team player who is technically skilled in the claims field.
- Proven insurance background and with claims experience.
- Strong stakeholder management.
- Ability to manage stressful situations
- Language skills: English and one or more of the cluster languages (Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish).
- Commercial mindset.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Proven people management and leadership skills.
- Drive a culture that promotes excellence, collaboration, diversity and inclusion.
- Proven ability to manage a broad range of stakeholders.
- Highly collaborative approach across functions and geographies.
- Ability to manage and influence in a matrix structure and across a wide geography.
Technical Skills and Expertise:
- Proven ability and experience of building and managing high performing teams.
- Claims experience, preferably from both commercial and consumer products.
- Experience of working in a highly regulated environment including ownership of internal control framework.
- Demonstrates an excellent grasp of trends and developments of claims, ability to identify trends and loss causes.
- Identifies opportunities to improve process and efficiency and ability to execute on transformation projects.
- Demonstrated business acumen and skills.
If you have any questions about the position or the recruitment process, please contact;
Paul van der Merwe, EMEA Head of Claims - +352 621 741 661
Alexander Sjöberg, Nordic HR Manager - +46 70 913 73 88